Participating in the viRACE running competitions is easy. However, there are a few quick steps to get started.
Download the App
Download the app from the App Store / Google Play to your mobile phone here.
When you register, you enter your first name, last name, email address and your gender. If you already have an existing account, you can simply log in.
Registration for races
As soon as you open the app, you will be taken to the worldwide feed. Here you will see all upcoming races (including date, starting time, number of registered runners and distance).
If you click on one of the races, you will be taken to the detail page. Here you will find detailed information about the race, as well as the possibility to invite friends and post your participation on social media.
At the very bottom there is a “Register” button, simply click this button to register for the race.
On the race detail page, all participants currently registered are also listed. If you click on the symbol to the left of the name, you mark the runner(s) as a favorite. This means that during the race you will also receive updates on these runners.
One hour before the start time of the run, the warm-up room opens. This is visualized by an orange tile at the top of the feed. Click on “Copetition Page” to get to the warm-up room. Before you “enter” the warm-up room, we strongly recommend that you go outside and make sure you have good reception.
Starting the Race
Once in the warm-up room, you don’t have to do anything to start the race. The voice of the app will inform you via headphones during the last 10 minutes before the start in regular intervals about the remaining time. 10 seconds before the start, the countdown starts and when you reach 0, the race will start automatically.
What else to consider
1. Stick to the guidelines of the authorities regarding social distancing!
2. Make sure that the battery of your mobile phone is fully charged
3. Make sure that the mobile data is activated
4. Make sure you have good reception
5. Determine your favorites, for whom you will be kept up to date on throughout the race with intermediate results
6. Running with headphones to receive the intermediate results directly
7. Insurance is the responsibility of the participant 👩🎓
8. In the unlikely occurrence that you do not hear any announcements for an extended time, it is worthwhile to open the app briefly during the run.
9. android user:
Make sure you have viRACE access to your location. Settings > Apps > viRACE > Authorizations > activate location. Also make sure that viRACE can use the location determination in the background.
Disable all settings for extending battery life, including Power Save Mode, Intelligent Battery Management, Battery Optimization and third-party apps. To find out exactly how this works for your phone, see the important notes in the app.